I-35 North Metro Split
- Hwy 97 is closed at I-35 for bridge removal
- Both directions of I-35, just north and south of the Hwy 97 bridge, will be reduced to a single lane
- Traffic will be diverted around the work zone by using the exit/entrance ramps at Hwy 97
- SB I-35 traffic will be diverted to the ramps through 10 a.m. Sun, Nov. 18
- NB I-35 traffic will be diverted to the ramps
- There will be no access to/from I-35 at Hwy 97. Posted detours will direct you to the Broadway Ave. interchange to get on/off I-35 or to cross over I-35
Six miles of I-35 from just south of the I-35 split to a half mile north of Hwy 8 at the Chisago/Washington county line will be resurfaced. Road resurfacing helps to preserve and extend the use of the pavement. The work will also include replacing three bridges.
Summary of work
Stay Connected with MnDOT
Sign up for one or more of our email lists and stay up-to-date on current and planned construction projects and more.
MnDOT—Our main page reporting on Minnesota’s multimodal transportation system as it maximizes the health of people, the environment and our economy
Upcoming Lane Closures
Ramp Closure: May 2018
The ramp to EB Hwy 8 will close for approximately two weeks